Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The Dark and Twisty Place


Why do we let the actions and words of others strip us of who we are?  To allow them to put us in that dark twisty place.  To tear down our confidence and self-esteem.  What does that say for a person?  Are we weak and insecure?  We let even the little actions and words bring us down - why is that?

I thought maybe I had conquered my emotional eating but I found out today that couldn't  be further from the truth.  I know you are supposed to turn to something else instead of eating but that is easier said then done.   Food is my friend, it comforts me; but even food has turned against me and let me down in the form of extra pounds.  I am in a room full of people but yet feel so alone.

As I ponder for a solution, when my emotions are about ready to overflow, God answers that small prayer.  The answer is as close as my phone, this is the daily scripture I woke up to today:

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:33-34


No more needs to be said.

1 comment:

  1. This is why I have a very small circle of people who are close to me, I just don't need to be around people who tear me down instead of being a positive force in my life! Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete