Saturday, July 4, 2015

Thank You....

I got back into blogging because I am trying to analyze why I have let myself go, why I stopped caring.  I want to use this time to stop and reflect.  One thing I have learned is that I miss blogging - I love to write, it may not be very good but I enjoy it just the same. 

On my very first post I received the following comment:

It amazes me how many "devout" Christians who think this or that "offends" their God somehow feel that gluttony and sloth and willful destruction of the one miraculous body they have been gifted are somehow "okay" and "human" whilst constantly slamming others for their perceived "sins."

Wow....welcome back to blogging and I want to do this why?  I have to admit when I first read this comment (that was posted  anonymously by the way)  I was offended and put off.  Of course I had to reply to the comment because the snotty little child in me couldn't control herself, but it did stop and make me think.  

No one sin is any better or worse then any other, God sees them all the same.  The author of the comment was right in the fact that God has given me an amazing body and what have I done with it? It's not so much the fact that I am larger then I should be but I am completely out of shape.  Good grief, I pray that some day God will send me back to Uganda but there is no way I could handle all of the traveling in the shape I am in now.  

God calls us to be His hands and feet; I might be able to give a finger right now :)  


So, I want to thank "anonymous" for reminding me of the wonder body God has given me.  I need to take responsibility and love this gift of life and be prepared so when He calls I am ready.   It won't be easy and I will fall many times; I have listened to the lies of the enemy too long but with His help I will win.  Love always wins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment